Title: Community Engagement/Social Media Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time (20-25 hours) contract, some evening and weekend times
Location: Twin Cities or Northeastern Minnesota
As our Community Engagement/Social Media Coordinator, you’ll work closely with our Advocacy Director/Counsel, volunteers, and supporters to coordinate communications and build community support statewide for WaterLegacy’s mission. This position is part-time (20-25 hours/week).
Your Major Responsibilities:
- Work with WaterLegacy’s Advocacy Director/Counsel to plan and coordinate social media and web content to advance WaterLegacy’s advocacy and recruitment goals.
- Contribute and initiate new written and digital content for outreach and engagement of supporters and work with Advocacy Director/Counsel to enhance our media strategy.
- Help educate, engage and motivate WaterLegacy members, advisors and supporters.
- Communicate with and build relationships with volunteers and donors to strengthen WaterLegacy’s capacity for outreach and advocacy.
- Coordinate outreach to citizens and community leaders, including tabling and presentations, and maintaining reports of WaterLegacy outreach and citizen action.
- Manage electronic communications and records through Salsa Labs supporter database, including donor records and recognition.
What WaterLegacy Will Offer You:
- An opportunity to use your skills to connect with people and protect unique Minnesota clean waters and ecosystems and safeguard human health and social justice.
- Mentoring by one of the State’s leading environmental lawyers and advocates to improve your writing expertise, strategic thinking and policy knowledge.
- An entrepreneurial challenge where you can initiate and develop plans and build resources to grow your own position and responsibilities.
- A flexible schedule, allowing you to set your own hours while fulfilling meaningful work requirements.
- College degree and two years experience in communications, organizing or development.
- Excellent verbal, written and social engagement communications skills.
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and work ethic, able to work independently, maintain accountability and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks.
- Proficient in use of communications tools including Microsoft Office applications, design software, social media, and capacity to learn database and web content entry skills.
- Passion for non-profit mission of protecting clean water and environmental justice.
- Reliable automobile, cell phone and recent model computer.
- Proficiency in HTML web content entry and video production and editing.
- Experience with data management, media relations, and fundraising.
To Apply: Email your cover letter, resume, a brief writing sample (press release, social media post or other) and contacts for three references to Advocacy Director/Counsel Paula Maccabee with the subject line “Application WaterLegacy Community Engagement/Social Media Coordinator,” at email@example.com.