Featured Video - Minnesota Doctors Urge Assessment of Sulfide Mining Health Impacts
Dr. Emily Onello from the Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians gives testimony at the October 19, 2016 meeting of the Minnesota Environmental Quality Board urging them to include human Health Impact Assessments in the state's environmental review process for proposed sulfide mining projects.
Fight Against Extreme Extraction: Letter From Congressman Keith Ellison
Minneapolis City Council Member, Alondra Cano, reads U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison's letter of support to the crowd of the June 29, 2016 Extreme Extraction event.
100% Failure: Sulfide Mining Not Worth the Risk
WaterLegacy Advocacy Director and Counsel, Paula Maccabee, talks about the abysmal record of sulfide mining in water-rich environments to the crowd at a June 29, 2016 event about Extreme Extraction in Minnesota.
What is "Sulfide Mining"?
The mining industry hates the term, but Paula Maccabee explains why "sulfide mine" is a much more appropriate way to describe PolyMet's proposed project than "copper-nickel mine".
Minnesota Psychiatrist: Costs of Sulfide Mining Pollution are "Dangerously High"
Dr. Margaret Saracino, a child psychiatrist from Duluth, gives testimony to the Minnesota Environmental Quality Board on October 19, 2016. Dr. Saracino details the many dangers that mercury pollution from proposed sulfide mining projects like PolyMet would pose to the developing brains of children and infants.
PolyMet: A Legacy of Pollution
Will PolyMet be able to capture and treat pollution at their proposed NE Minnesota sulfide mine as effectively as they claim? Geology, history, logic and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency studies say "NO".
WaterLegacy: Protecting Clean Water
Learn more about WaterLegacy and our to protect Minnesota water resources from sulfide mining pollution in this video produced with help from The Headwaters Foundation for Justice.
Watch More WaterLegacy Videos:
- Minnesota Doctors Think Sulfide Mining Health Effects Need Closer Investigation
- Full Comments from Pipelines, Sulfide Mining and the Era of Extreme Extraction Event
- PolyMet: Threat to Minnesota Wetlands and Tribal Communities
- Sulfide Mining in Minnesota?!
- WaterLegacy Talks PolyMet Sulfide Mine on Cable 6
- WaterLegacy Wild Rice Testimony (February 2015)
- How to Prepare Citizen Comments on PolyMet Review
- Idle No More: Environmental Treaty Rights Symposium with Paula Maccabee
- WaterLegacy - Headwaters Foundation's Allies for Justice Award Recipient
- Canoe Flotilla vs. Sulfide Mining